cobi is a chair specifically designed to foster collaboration and keep participants focused and engaged. This collaborative chair encourages a variety of postures allowing users to sit centered or off to the side.
Benefits & features
- cobi offers one manual adjustment (seat height), the rest is taken care of thanks to the weight-activated mechanism.
- Every part of cobi is designed to flex and adjust to the body:
- The chair’s top flexing edge allows users to comfortably rest their arm on top of the chair.
- The flexing seat encourages users to move and shift.
- The flexing back contours to support any posture the body needs at any given moment.
- Sustainability: cobi is 90% recyclable and contains no hazardous materials.
- Standard chair
- Draughtsman chair version
- Available without armrests in standard
Australian International Design Award
cobi chair was awarded Design Award™ Best in Category by the 2012 Australian International Design Award, in the Architectural and Interior category. The Good Design Awards are Australia's most prestigious and diverse design assessment program, rewarding product design and innovation excellence since 1958.
UK - Design Guild Mark Award
cobi chair has been given the prestigious Design Guild Mark Award. These awards are given by the Furniture Makers Company. They recognise and reward excellence in the British design of furniture in volume production. Of the 40 designs submitted, cobi was one of only 11 to be recognised by the judges.
Germany - iF Design Award
The Design Forum International in Hannover honoured the meeting chair cobi with the coveted iF Design Award.
The iF Design Award has been one of the most important design awards since 1954. Every year more than 1800 products from 30 different countries are registered. The jury was composed of international designers.
North America - Industrial Design Excellence Award
cobi was awarded a Silver Industrial Design Excellence Award (IDEA). This design award is sponsored by Business Week and judged independently by IDEA (Industrial Designers Society Of America).
North America - Good Design award
cobi chair was awarded with a Good Design award. This award is granted by the Chicago Athenaeum of Architecture and Design. Founded in 1950, Good Design awards publicly acknowledge the world’s most prestigious industrial design firms and manufacturers.
Germany - Red Dot
cobi chair received a ‘Red Dot’ award 2009 in the Product Design category. The international “Red Dot design award” is one of the largest and most famous design competitions in the world. Based in Germany, Red Dot attracts submissions from more than 50 countries.